I am very happy that I Claudia Bechstein was able to answer questions in a short interview on the role of the notary and the differences to my work as a lawyer. Among other things, she asked me
- what appeals to me so much about the notarial work that after 20 years as a real estate lawyer I have pursued this expansion again,
- what the notarial neutrality obligation means,
- which tasks I take on as a notary in the transfer of real estate and which not,
- why notarial contracts are always read out,
- how long it takes to sell real estate from the notary to acquiring ownership in the land register and
- why we need notaries when buying real estate in Germany when you can do without in other countries.
the video is here on Youtube to find.